Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jamil's going to Japan

Jamil is a young man I know that has gone out of his way, many times, to keep my computer up to speed. He helped me buy this machine about 4 or 5 years ago, has spent countless hours completely erasing the hard drive on the old one so I could resell it. He has answered all my questions on how to set up a blog, made me cheat sheets so I could do things myself before the new blogger templates. In fact, he just upgraded my memory (computer, of course) so I would be all set while he is gone. No hope for my memory. Not even Jamil can make it work any better.

He works for Hitachi and they are sending him to Japan for a year. I can't pretend to know what he's doing, but it does have to do with computers and some kind of science. It's a promotion for him and he will get all kinds of good training while he's gone.

To show him just a small appreciation for the things he's done for me, I crocheted this cap and scarf for him. Thought it suited him, as he is professional and trendy (no grunge here). The set is made with a new yarn to me, Caron Simply Soft Shadows. It is soft, but not limp like the Simply Soft Brites. It has one strand of basic color, in this case, navy blue. Then another strand that changes gradually from one shade to another. I really like it, and will probably use it again for another project.

3 comments:

Thata said...

I really like your hat and scarf. It's perfect... I like the colour too... Great work!!

Hugs,
thata

jam78ilc said...

Yes I must agree, Thanks Cay

River Glorious said...

Very nice work! I really like that color of yarn.