Sunday, April 04, 2010

Amigurumi, anyone?

Amigurumi is the Japanese name for toy making that a lot of us have been doing for years. I was asked to do a class at Piedmont Yarn this month, so decided I should brush up.  I also wasn't 100% positive that there wasn't some new thing going on that I didn't know.  So I borrowed from the store the book "Tiny Yarn Animals" by Tamie Snow.  If you are afraid to make creative decisions on your own, this is not the book for you.  The pictures are very good, but there are no assembly instructions.
Well, I did 2 that I thought were cute.  I did the owl as instructed, but made a couple of changes to the turtle.  With all her feet, the turtle is front heavy and falls over, so I eliminated the back feet.  Now she stands up just fine.
I will not be doing anymore of these.  You need to crochet very tightly, and my poor old hands just couldn't take the pressure.  Cramps! and more cramps.

Going to take them in to the store on Tues when I go so they can be displayed and hopefully inspire some folks to sign up for my class.

No comments: