Sunday, August 28, 2011

Facebook Frustration

I delayed joining Facebook for a really long time!  After about the hundredth time of my granddaughter saying to me that I could see pics of this or that on her Facebook page, I finally joined.  And in the large scheme of FB, I am a very small clog with only about 100 friends, mostly crochet related and some family.  I don't play games, or collect roses, etc.  I do try to keep up with birthdays, because I believe every birthday is a blessing from God and the older we get the more in your face that reality becomes.
But, Facebook has never been the pleasure that everyone else seems to enjoy.  It takes forever to move around; when I try to look at pics, it frequently freezes up.  I get this constant security warning about using secure access.  I am constantly cleaning out my browser to try to make things faster, to no avail. 
Is it just me?  My computer is a couple of years old, but it has a Pentium processor and runs on Windows XP, so I don't think that is the problem.
Oh well.  I may just give up FB and go back to crocheting and reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might be the window XP. My son who has a computer science degree tells me it is so outdated. I have windows 7 and I have no problems with Facebook at all. Got to your blog from crochet partners.

Mary

Jerseygirl Dawn said...

You may have a lot of programs running in the background that is taking up space and processor time. I have XP and I do not have a problem running Facebook. If you have a lot of pictures on the bottom right of your screen then that could be the problem. Good Luck! Too bad we're not closer - my husband fixes computers for a living.