Friday, March 09, 2012

Nutcracker Afghan

Finally, after a couple of years, I started my Nutcracker graphghan.  It is still cool enough to work on a large afghan, but I'm guessing this cool weather isn't going to last much longer.
Weather is the main reason it has taken so long to get to this project.  There is always something to crochet: a gift, charity project, the occasional commission.  So, every time I have thought I would start this ghan, the weather got too hot for me to work on it.
I got it from Chella's Crochet on Ebay a while back.  I looked at her site today and didn't see the Nutcracker, (copyright was 2008) but she sure has a lot of great graphs. If you buy 2 patterns, you get a 3rd one free.  Can't beat that kind of deal! In fact, while I was looking around, I saw 2 others that I had bought at the same time.  I guess I need to get those in project bags and put in my bin for future works.
I can't show you a picture of the afghan, but it is 150 stitches by 200 rows.  I'm currently on row 52.  Still have a ways to go. Right now, I'm only carrying 3 skeins of yarn, so last night I was really ticking those rows off. Until--my hands, both of them, decided to cramp big time.  Had to put it down for the rest of the evening.
That was probably from shelling pistachios open earlier.

No comments: