Friday, March 16, 2012

Two Steps forward-One Step back

Progress on the Nutcracker afghan is slooooow-I'm only on row 68 and I'm not happy with it.  Think I'll frog back to about row 20 and start again.  Most of the yarns are RH SS except for the dark grey which is Simply Soft.  It is not working well with the other yarns.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any grey in my stash, but I can use black so will go to the garage and see what's out there. Black is getting harder for me to work with, but there are no large areas of black so I should be able to use it instead of dark grey.
The other problem I'm having is the only yarn bobbins I could find are fairly small.  I was sure I had some large bobbins, this isn't the first graphghan I've done.  Must search the craft supplies in the garage for yarn bobbins also.  And, if I can't find any larger bobbins, I may just have to try and make some out of cardboard!  More than one way to skin a cat, as the old saying goes.
On the plus side, the weather has been cool and rainy, so great crocheting weather.
Since this ghan is strictly for me, and there are no small children around, I'm using fun fur for the hair and beard.  I'm thinking of using real buttons instead of crocheting them into the pattern.  We'll see how I feel about that when I get a little closer to where the buttons go.

No comments: