Thursday, May 24, 2007

This N That

The filet is about 2/3 done. On row 82 of 110. Of course, it then needs a border which sometimes takes longer than the project. If you want to see a picture in progress, Anita took one at the Crochet Soiree in Oakland last Saturday, and has it posted on Crochet Partners. Take a look at the other work done there. A couple of beautiful afghans.

A couple of posts ago I was inventing a tool for working with these graphs, then discovered someone already did it for me. Check this out. http://www.marilyns.com/detail.cfm?ID=532 Well, I found this at Joann's and I can't believe what a difference it has made in how fast I can work across a row. Yea! But, it is short, so I have ordered the longer one. I have never ordered from this place before, so not sure how long it may take to receive.

Margaret was here from last Thursday til Monday morning. Really hated dropping her off at the airport on my way to work.. But we had a great time while she was here! Mostly visited and searched thru crochet patterns, showed off what we're doing and what we want to do. She started a doily for her grandmothers dining room table that she and her sister have in their home. I started a summer sling tote in Sugar and Cream. Went to the Crochet Soiree on Sat and then to Antioch to drop off fair entries for the Contra Costa County Fair which opens on 5/31. We have been friends for so long that we have seen each other at our absolute best and worst. It is so comforting to know that I have friends like this.

One of my biggest pet peeves right now is the yarn that is available in the stores. We were in Michaels & WalMart over the weekend and the yarn available would make you think winter in Alaska, not summer in California. Heavy, wool. The only sportweight yarn to be found is baby yarn or Microspun. I have nothing against baby yarn for babies, but I don't particularly like those colors for me.

I am probably noticing this most right now as I am in search of s/w yarn for a project. Bless the Cp'rs who helped me out. Sherri in So Cal sent some RH sport weight acryclic, Peter gave me Lily elite, Margaret brought Cool Crochet from FL, I bought Microspun and have some Lustersheen left over from another project. Now to swatch, swatch, swatch, and figure out which of the above yarns are best for this project. Then I will get online and order what I need.

I just added a list of some of my favorite authors to the side panel of my blog. If you're looking for a good book, check them out.

No comments: