Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Smoking Update
I am on day 11 of being a non-smoker! It has been hard at times, but I am getting thru it.
I have been crocheting like crazy, and baking cookies like there is no tomorrow. First out of the oven were choc chip made with raspberry choc chips that I bought last Christmas season, made with macadamia nuts. Then, I tried to invent a new cookie and it came out ok, but not what I envisioned. I used the choc chip basic recipe and added canned pineapple, coconut and more macadamias. They turned out more cakey than cookiey. But they tasted good. Think I may try them with dried pineapple. The canned seemed to add too much moisture to the mix. And last night, we moved on to peanut butter. Had a hard time choosing between the peanut butter and snicker doodles. Snicker doodles will have their day, and probably soon the way we have been going thru the cookies. Hope this part of the non-smoking does not last long.
When I get weak, I chant to myself- I am healthier and wealthier without cigarettes.

2 comments:

MarieAnge said...

Don't give up!
You can do it :)

I quit in December of 2004 (pack a day for 30+ years) for health and financial reasons. Because of the health reasons, I could not use any of the quitting aids available on the market, so cold turkey it was.
The hardest part was the first 2 weeks. Once the physical addiction was out of my system, all I was left to deal with was the mental addiction. And that was handled by keeping busy and changing the established routines that normally led to "having one". If I had to have something, it was carrot and/or celery sticks that I reached for, or a tall glass of water. I even dreamed about "having one" which was kind of sadly hilarious but even that passed.
Don't give up, it gets easier after the initial 2 weeks! The proof is that I haven't touched the nasty things since then and I feel much better for it!

Angel

Karen said...

Congrats to you on your endeavors to quit smoking! Keeping yourself busy with baking and crocheting is a great idea. The cookies sound yummy!

Non-smoking is a much healthier lifestyle, as I'm sure you know. Last year, my husband's 40 year old cousin died of lung cancer. Her 35 year old sister had tongue cancer the year before that and had most of her tongue removed.

Best wishes to you!

I love the neck warmer!

I'm a crocheter and a knitter and love it!

Karen