Sunday, March 28, 2010

In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb

Where to start?
The last month has been insane for me!  Penny went into the hospital for her hip replacement surgery about 6 weeks earlier than anticipated.  She had some minor complications in recovery that had me running back and forth some.  But, she is home and doing well.
No sooner got her in the hospital than Stitches West started.  Crazy busy 4 days, but a ton of fun for all involved. Can't wait to do that again next year.
We had been given a lot of baby yarn, so I sat down with my stitch pattern book, a hook, and some yarn.  This is what I came up with.  It is intended for Project Linus.  All PL blankies are put thru the washer and dryer before they are donated.  Well, this one had a slight problem when it came out of the wash. I have used other yarn that had to be at least 20 years old, with never a problem, so don't know what happened here.  Am thinking of throwing it on the floor for the kitties.  They want to sit on it while I'm working on it.  But now I wonder if I should try use more of this donated yarn. Decisions, decisions!
My other ghan for PL turned out great!  Found this yarn at the Joann's super store in Fremont one day and loved the color.  Then added a couple more colors from the old stash. Used the stitch pattern books again.

No comments: