Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Remember when

On my way home from PT this morning, I was noticing gas prices on my route.  Anywhere from $2.93 to $3.05. And if you need water in your radiator or air in your tires, they have the nerve to charge 3 quarters for that privilege. With pay-at-the pump, you don't even see the guy who is taking your money unless you go inside to purchase coffee, donuts, sandwiches, milk, diapers---
I know it's been a long time since I started driving, but I remember when---
for 25 cents a gallon, the guy came out and not only pumped your gas, but checked your water and oil, put air in the old tires if they needed it and cleaned your windshield.  The only extras the station offered were a restroom on the side, a cigarette machine and a cold drink machine.
It feel likes the more I pay, the less I get.  What's wrong with this picture?

1 comment:

HindyB said...

I hear you, Kay! btw and completely off-topic, I love the doily/table topper you have posted on your blog page.