Monday, April 23, 2007

Quick Update
I am still working on a MaM afghan to enter in the county fair circuit this year. It has 13 strips and I am on #12. This pattern is so pretty but at this point I just want to finish the strips so I can move on to the assembly. It is put together w/rev sc which is ok. I've done it enough that it's not a problem. However, when done w/a contrasting color, like the pattern calls for, it just stops at the end of the strip and looks unfinished. So am debating whether #1) to do the rev sc all the way around the perimeter in the contrasting color or #2) do the joining in the same dark purple of the afghan. I had also thought about doing a dc row all the way around the afghan in the back loops and then do a row of rev sc in the front loops. However, I need to get this project finished, so I can move on to the next. Those fair deadlines are getting closer!
Blog Refinements
I have wanted to put progress bars on my blog to keep track of my different projects for the fair this year, and then for the holidays. A couple of the folks from CP sent me links to do this, but I have to say, I don't think the instructions w/either site are very clear. The one site has premade bars that you can download and install. But once I download it I don't have a clue as to how to get it on my blog. I can save it to my computer, but that doesn't do me much good. If anyone knows what to do, please let me know. Sometimes I feel like such an incompetent when it comes to this computer stuff.
Margaret is coming!
Margaret and I have been friends for 25+ years and we now live on opposite coasts of this great land. She is in Florida and I am in California. She and I have done craft things together forever. Crocheting, plaster painting, punch embroidery, the list goes on. I miss her. But she is coming for a visit in May and we were on the phone yesterday talking about what we are going to do while she is here. #1)-Visiting and catching up #2) Crochet-we are planning to go to Peter's Crochet Soiree in Emeryville on Sat and then on Sunday we are planning to go to Antioch to drop of my entries for the Contra Costa County Fair. #3) She is bringing me some Omega Sinfonia to try out. She is going to Hobby Lobby this week so she can do that for me. (I'm sure it's a real sacrifice for her to go there, lol) And we are going to work on some projects together. Miss that! We used to sit and watch tv and work on whatever was on our plate at the time. Counting the days til she gets here.

No comments: