Friday, March 02, 2007

WIP/WIM Update
I am working on square 5 out of 6 on the Sunbonnet Sue Afghan for my bedroom. It is small, so more like a lapghan. After the squares are done, there are panels to crochet between the squares, then it has a nice big border on it. The designer has several different textures going on in the panels and the border, so I may pick my favorite and tone it down just a bit, as my room is already pretty busy with plaids, flowers, braided rugs, etc.
I found a pattern for the felted bag I want to do with the combo of yarns from Stitches West and what Kitty brought me from New York.
http://wildyarn.blogspot.com/2006/01/felted-memo-bag-corrected.html
I am dying to start this, but am holding myself down until I finish Sunbonnet Sue.
Then, my latest obsession is this sweater. http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=19762
It's only problem is that it is knitted, and I can knit, but very basic and I don't really like it. So I am mulling around in my brain how to do this in crochet. Someone at CP said that mitred squares can be done in crochet or tunisian, so I am going to practice so I can figure this out. I was also looking on the web and a knitting group is doing this as a knit a long, so I was reading some of their comments and suggestions. Never know when you can apply some wisdom from another art to yours. I want to do this sweater from the yellow cashmere/merino that I bought at Stitches West.

No comments: