Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amigurumi Class a lot of fun!

I had 2 ladies sign up for my amigurumi class at PYA on Sunday.  They were both in Peter's Intro to Crochet class on Saturday.  When I found out what their skill set was, I had to kinda rethink how to teach them.  I created this lovely lady for the class project, hoping they would be able to complete her in the allotted 3 hours.  Not quite, but with their limited crochet knowledge, I was so impressed with how much they really did.  They have the sc down pat.  Also very good at increasing.  They had done a couple of rows of dec before we had to leave, so hope they are doing OK. The thing I was the most impressed with was they both caught onto the pattern reading in a snap!  Deena is a knitter, so does have pattern reading skills, just learning a new language.  Mona is a new knitter, so is learning both languages at the same time.  I've always said the hardest thing about learning to crochet is learning to read patterns. I heard from Deena and she still seems enthusiastic, even tho she hadn't had any time to work on Hilary.  Haven't heard from Mona, so hope she has finished her project.  BTW, this pattern is called Bad Hair Hilary and she will be available for purchase in my Ravelry pattern store.

No comments: