Tuesday, June 12, 2007

CGOA
When my friend Margaret was here in May, we discussed joining CGOA and attending the conference in Oakland in Sept. She lives in Florida, so it's a bit of a trip for her. Well, she is making arrangements to come back here so we can do that. But, she has been up to more than making travel arrangements!
The other day I got an email from CGOA with a Gift Membership from, guess who? Now, I was going to do that, but she beat me to it. Then an envelope arrived from CGOA and in it was the prettiest little membership pin. Think I'll wear it when I go the guild meeting Saturday.
Now, to pick out which classes to take at the conference. Not being independently wealthy, must choose carefully. Can only afford a couple this year, if I want to have anything left over for yarn. The 2 I'm leaning toward right this minute are Crochet Lite, instructor Karen Klemp on Sat, and Crochet with Wire, Nancie Wiseman on Thurs. I have Nancie's book, but haven't done anything with it yet. And the Crochet Lite looks interesting cuz I seem to be into making wearables right now, but most of the patterns call for ww yarn and that just seems to be too bulky and stiff. I have been doing some experimenting w/lighter weight yarns, but why reinvent the wheel if someone has already done it for me.

No comments: