Thursday, June 28, 2007

Latest Fair Entries
Today was the deadline for the Santa Clara County Fair. Penny had said she wanted to enter her molasses cookies, which are yummmm, but when I told her that they had to be delivered by 9:30 a.m. 2 days before the fair opens, she changed her mind. Can't blame her! It's a bit of a drive to San Jose. Maybe next year she can get them in the Alameda County Fair, much closer to home. So, she entered another cross stitch of Indian Baskets and Sunflowers that she made me for my birthday. Love it!
Me-well, as usual, I went just slightly crazy! Bread and Butter pickles, doily, baby afghan, and the awesome blossom hat. Everything is done but the baby afghan and I just started it 2 nights ago. Nothing like a deadline to get those fingers movin'. And this pattern is a stash buster, too. I bought the yarn with another baby afghan in mind, but when I tried it, didn't like the yarn and pattern together, so it has been just sitting there. I'm loving the look of this afghan, but it's not using enuf yarn! Would be a great scrapghan. May have to try the pattern again that way.
Couldn't seem to get registered online for entering the fair, so had to do it the old fashioned way and run to the post office at lunch to mail our entries. Must be postmarked today! Done.

No comments: