Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And the Beat Goes On
The last 2 weeks have brought some unexpected changes to my life. Not what I was wanting at this time in my life.
I have found that the older I get, the harder some things are to absorb.
I had 3 friends have surgery in a 1 week period. Fortunately, they are all recovering nicely. But will be slow going for all of them. Kat had a lump removed from her breast and has to undergo radiation therapy for the next 7 weeks. Lyn had her neck fused for the 3rd time. She can only lay flat or stand for the next 2 months. No sitting! And Diane had a double knee replacement. Not sure how long that will take.
In addition to that my son is having a crisis that escalated about a week ago. I think he may be moving to TX soon and I really hate to see him go so far away. I also hate that he will be closer to his father, who has done nothing his entire life but be a pain in the a--! But he does need a change. Maybe this will be just what he needs at this point in his life. I hope so, but how I'll miss him and his wife.
But, the real kicker came from our landlord. He came to move some stuff out of the garage a week ago Saturday and said he would chat with us before he left. Well, we had to go take our entries to the fairgrounds for the Santa Clara County Fair and he was gone by the time we got home. He came by on Sunday to tell us that he has to sell the house and that eventually we would have to move. Felt like I had been kicked by a mule!
When we moved into this house 4 years ago, we said we were going out on stretchers. No more moving for us. Since Dale and Arlene are the perfect landlords, no reason to ever move. They have let us decorate and paint the house, no white walls here. We have landscaped the front and backyards to our tastes, including a very small pond with fountain. And everything we did was with love and the knowledge that we would be here for a very long time, God willing. But, Dale's circumstances have change, and he has been forced into a corner. He made the only decision he could. He is as upset about this turn of events as we are. I won't go into the details, but he is being more than fair in making sure Penny and I get moved into another home.
And the beat goes on--I was physically sick on Monday from the stress, so stayed home from work. Couldn't stray too far from the bathroom! But in the afternoon, Penny had to go pick up some prescriptions so I rode along with her. We decided to take a drive through a neighborhood that we didn't know anything about, except we could see houses. We found three houses w/For Rent signs and called about all 3. The 1st one was on a pretty good sized street and while we were sitting in front of the house I kept noticing cop cars going and coming. Mmm. what's that about? Then we realized the police station was about a block & half away. Another house wouldn't be ready to look at for another week. But the 3rd house was available. So we picked up the key, went in and took a look around. Loved it! Went and got the rental app. To make a long story short, we were accepted in less than 3 days. So on 9/1, we will have a new home.

No comments: