Monday, July 09, 2007

Productive Weekend
Wow! I got lots done over the weekend. First, I delivered to Alice 9 fleece blankies w/crocheted edging for Project Linus. Had been holding out for an even dozen, but then wondered why. Particulary, since I don't know when I might do those others. I have lots of the fleece in my stash thanks to a couple of good sales, so when I'm in between, I can whip up some more.
Next, I finally finished the Barbados Tee that I have been making for myself. The pattern is from Oat Couture and I made it using Tofutsies yarn that I bought for another project that didn't work out as planned. I am wearing it to work today, have gotten compliments on it, and one of the guys wanted to know how long it took to crochet. Pic coming!
Then, I finished a purse that I started for myself. A few weeks ago I made a sling bag for summer. I must be nuts. I've never liked this style and why I thought it would be better crocheted, I don't have a clue! So, I used the corner to corner technique that I just learned at my guild meeting and made a new messenger style bag using the remaining SugarNCream from the 1st bag, and then added to it w/some variegated that I had, & when that ran out, I used some leftover white from potholders I did for a Xmas gift last year. My friend, Kitty, took the lining home and sewed it up for me, so I was able to finish that bag last nite, also. Carrying it today and so far like it much more than the other one. Will take pics tonite and post.

No comments: