Monday, January 11, 2010

It is a New Year!


Wow! It has been ages since my last post.  Made it thru the holidays alive.  For a few days that was debatable.  Penny and I both caught colds (actually, the Dr says its a viral infection).  Penny came down with that early in the week of Christmas and I woke up Christmas morning with a sore throat and stuffy head. On the phone to postpone dinner at our house on the 27th.  Just moved it into the New Year, but we lost some of our guests.  Peter had to teach, Matt had to go back to school, Kelly went to Canada with some friends, Steve was in CO with his girlfriend.  Their loss, just that much more food for the rest of us.  And it was outstanding, if I do say so myself.  We figured everyone was tired of turkey, so we changed it up a bit.
roast pork, mash potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, green beans with water chestnuts and sour cream, baked apples, spinach salad with cranberries, rolls and a f aux trifle made with lemon loaf and raspberries.  Yum!  It was all delicious, attested to by the fact there were only enuf leftovers for a couple of meals.
I am not big on resolutions so I have not made any for this year. But, I am still not smoking, and we are trying to eat better and get more exercise than we have.  I am going to physical therapy 2 times a week for my frozen shoulder and Penny is to start some pt for her hip before they do surgery on it.
I was doing a lot of crocheting before the holidays, designed a couple of patterns that I need to finish writing before I forget what all those notes mean.
I will try to be better this year in posting more regularly.

No comments: