Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What an Easy Fix

Absolutely amazing what one little change on the old computer can do!  I have been having problems for weeks, things not loading, slow, slow, slower.  When I finally got to the point I could not open my own PDF files, I knew I had a serious problem.  Oh, Please!  I can't afford a new computer right row.  I can't even afford to get my car fixed and I need my car more than my computer (I'm trying to convince myself).
Can't be my Adobe reader: I just installed the newest version recently (Adobe Reader x (10.1.1). 
OMG!  Maybe it is Adobe.  I talked to Peter and he told me to try to download it again.  Sometimes that takes care of the problems.  Tried that, still doesn't work.  Hmmm-OK-let's try uninstalling the whole thing and starting over.  Sh---!  now I'm getting a message that tells me "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".  So, I tried to install an older version, but it won't let me because I already have the newer version on my computer.  Catch 22 
Holy smokes!  Now what?  Common sense tells me that Adobe cannot be the only free reader out there, so I start searching.  It is amazing how many different readers there are!  And some of the features are way beyond my level of experience.  They do things I have no clue what they are talking about.  OK, need to slim this down some.  Finally settled on PDF Xchange Lite.  It appears it will do all I need done, plus some, without overloading me or my computer.  So far, so good.  I'm back up to speed and enjoying my computer again.  Even Facebook is moving along smoothly.  Yea!
Maybe I'll try to finish loading my patterns on my blog now.  Should be a lot easier.

No comments: