Sunday, October 16, 2011

New afghans

I have been crocheting afghans!  Really!  I know you don't believe me cuz I haven't posted anything for a while.  But, I'm about to make up for that.  The only order of these is how I took the pictures.
The name of this afghan is Color Me. Thanks to Elaine, we now have the link to this pattern.  This is the ghan I entered in the county fair this year.  It took 2nd (red ribbon). 

This is just a Catherine's Wheel stitch that I did using using Kraemer Yarns Tatamy Tweed.  It's a small ghan but a little heavier as the yarn is 45% cotton and 55% acrylic.  Does wash up beautifully.
This ghan is my Baby Bobbles Afghan.  The free pattern is available on the Project Linus website.  It was made with Red Heart Soft yarn and I think the color was called Garden (??) and then a green border.
I am currently writing the pattern for this little number. It is a variation on the Catherine's Wheel stitch.  I'm thinking of calling it "Pocketful of Posies".  What do you think of this name?  It is made of 2 colors of Red Heart Soft Baby.
Mitered Squares afghan pattern is available on the Bernat yarn site. If you look closely, you can see variations in the colors from square to square.  I was trying to use up what I have in my stash.  The only constant is the variegated which is Red Heart Cherry Cola.

P.S.   All of the above afghans will be donated to my local chapter of Project Linus. 


3 comments:

Elaine said...

here's the address for the color me afghan
http://crochetme.com/media/p/88943.aspx
hope it works!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Really nice work, and for a great cause. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

Wow- I lovethehats, but the lasat afghan (mitred squares) is terrific. Thanks for sharing.
Barbara