Monday, July 30, 2012

StanCo Fair 2012

The fair is over for this year.  I went last Monday to pick up my items that were entered.  While on display they just have little stickers on the tags for the winners and you pick up the actual ribbons when you pick up your entries after the fair.


Grandma's Napkins- If you search the web you can find this pattern.  It is a combo of  symbols and Russian.
Summer Breezes Stole-this is my own design and will be available in my Ravelry store soon.
White Water vest-The pattern is  for  DK yarn and I used fingering  wt.

Crocodile Stitch Slouchy Beret- the pattern is available on Ravelry.
Potholder-made using different granny squares on the front and back.

At some fairs that I have entered, they give you a score sheet so you know how you did in the different areas of judging.  In others, there is nothing.  This time, I had a comment from the judge written on the back of one of the tags  I did notice that the last couple of years, there is nothing to indicate the year.  Not on the ribbon or on the tag attached to the item.  So, I attach the tag to the ribbon and note the year, so I will know later what and when it was.  I have a plastic shoe box full of ribbons from over 30 years of entering.  Someday, my granddaughter will have to deal with that box.  It is kind of fun to get it out every now and again and see if I can even remember what the item was.  The last few years are better because I take pics and post here on my blog.

No comments: